WordPress Developer / Technical Lead
Posted November 28, 2018
You are on a good path in your career. You made the right decision to focus on WordPress. You have brought to life Web sites with rich functionality. You understand search optimization. You are capable in social media and digital promotion.
Yet, something is missing. Perhaps you want to elevate the sophistication of your clients. Maybe you desire to partner with an exceptional creative designer and a team of content specialists. Or, possibly the daily commute to an office is crushing your soul.
If any of this intrigues you, I’d like to talk.
Strategic Communications Group (Strategic) is a marketing agency that helps business-to-business clients with Web, digital and social media campaigns. We are looking for a WordPress developer and technical lead to serve as a core part of our digital team. You’ll own the following responsibilities:
- Optimize sites for search via best practices related to site development and design, as well as key word tagging. We want you to have experience with both organic and paid search. A strong understanding of reporting to drive content and layout strategy and gauge overall website effectiveness and usability. Share with us that you are engaged in SEO/SEM online communities and we’ll be super excited.
- Implement Google Analytics with a strong understanding of goal creation and conversion tracking and experience using Google Tag Manager to track links and events. Experience with Google Data Studio and integrating other features, functionality and reporting templates wanted. We are really jazzed if you are Google certified.
- Strong understanding of MailChimp of list segmentation, groups, and merge fields. Ability to integrate MailChimp forms and functionality into WordPress. Custom form development for WordPress is a plus.
- Integrate Web sites and digital programs with sales and marketing platforms, such as Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce and Hubspot.
- Promote Web sites and content through social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Help establish a strategic direction for the digital and technical function at our company. This will allow you to guide where we’ll make investments with the goal of delivering innovative services to clients.
I’d like you to have a high level of attention to detail, project management experience and an understanding of project budgets. Plus, you’ll need to be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
This is because we are a family-friendly company. I have three kids. My partner has three kids. Our managing editor has a kid…and loves animals. Strategic offers the ultimate in flexible work environment. No need to commute to an office. Work from where you want and how you want. We are based in Tysons Corner, yet members of our team live in Norfolk, Aldie, Montclair, Warrenton, Arlington, Bethesda, Columbia and Annapolis.
My absolute focus is to put you in a position where you are set up for success and give you the flexibility to ensure you can deliver exceptional work.
If this interests you, please send your resume or your LinkedIn profile to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are absolutely convinced this is the right position for you, you can also reach me by phone or text at (301) 538-8100.
Thanks for the consideration!